Thai Foot Massage developed around 20 years ago as an offshoot of Thai Yoga Massage combined with reflexology techniques. The treatment focusses on the feet, ankles and lower legs and can be both relaxing and stimulating.
The stimulation and relaxation that Thai Foot Massage aims to bring to the body is beneficial for a variety of conditions including:
- Improving circulation in the feet and legs – great for diabetics & pregnant women
- Stimulating lymphatic drainage – removing toxins and boosting immunity
- Encourages flexibility of the feet and ankles and relieves tension in the legs
- Promoting general wellbeing and better sleep
- Stimulates the body’s organ function
- Aids elimination
- Relief and prevention of tension, headaches, migraines, sinusitis & pre-menstrual syndrome
Thai Foot Massage has been a popular treatment with cyclists and runners because of the muscle tension release it brings to the lower legs, feet and ankles.
Each treatment lasts one hour and follows a sequence which covers the knees, lower legs and feet using oils, working dry and using a specialist stick to work reflex points. You are supported in a chair or lying on a couch. You remain clothed for the treatment apart from taking off your shoes and socks, and you should wear loose trousers that you can roll to the knee. Brisk movements, precise pressure and long strokes will give a wonderfully invigorating experience.