Champissage is a special form of Indian Head Massage developed by Narendra Mehta in the early 1980s. It combines traditional Indian massage techniques and ayurvedic chakra work to provide a holistic therapy that treats the whole person.
Champissage focuses on the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, head and face to relieve built-up stress and tension. It is a seated massage where you remain fully clothed.
The session lasts half an hour and leaves you feeling refreshed, calm and ready to face the day.
Champissage has physical, mental and emotional benefits, aiming to both relax and stimulate to leave you feeling refreshed and calm.
The physical benefits include:
• breaking down of local muscular tension,
• relief from chronic neck and shoulder stiffness,
• promotion of hair growth,
• stimulation and improvement of circulation and lymph drainage,
• relief from tension headaches, eyestrain, earache, jaw ache, sinus congestion
The mental benefits include:
• promoting a sense of calm and relaxation
• releasing anxiety
• improving concentration
• easing mental tiredness and stress